Earlier this month ABB featured 8 gift ideas for the women in your life. This time around we tackle the stylish, albeit hard to shop for, guys on your list. With this post as your guide, we’re certain you’ll have no need for that gift receipt.
1. Rugged Dopp Kit: One of the key features of a great gift is something incredibly useful, but that you would never think of purchasing for yourself. A dopp kit falls into that category. Go for something rugged like wax cotton canvas and he’ll be looking for excuses to pack an overnight bag.
2. Whiskey Accessories: What guy doesn’t like a glass of whiskey? The right ice preparation and serving glasses can really heighten his experience of having a cocktail. Start with a whiskey ball ice sphere and pair with a bottle of Bullet bourbon or a nice personalized decanter. At the very least, you’ll be invited over next time drinks are poured.
3. Simple & Classic Watch: Buying timepieces for someone else can be extremely difficult. There are watch preferences regarding taste, function, and durability. Luckily, Daniel Wellington watch designs are incredibly stylish, minimal, and clean. You can’t go wrong.
4. Versatile Sweater: Sweaters are an essential in menswear. Nothing looks sillier than a grown man freezing his butt off while trying to get extra mileage from his summer wardrobe. When giving a sweater as a gift, you want something simple and soft. Also, look for styles that don’t scream, “This is my holiday sweater.” This Gant Rugger number is versatile enough to be worn on its own or as a layering piece.
5. Face & Shaving Supplies: The Art of Shaving has brought a lot of popularity to gifting shaving supplies over the holidays. If you’re looking for something different this season, I recommend Ursa Major out of Burlington, Vermont. Their products are made from natural ingredients, which smell great and feel good on the skin. I included their latest cologne, Willoughby. In their own words, "the notes are bright citrus, subtle spice and deep woods topped with hints of mint, ginger and bergamot."
6. Denim Apron: There’s something so stylish about denim aprons. Whether the guy you’re shopping for likes to grill out, cook in the kitchen, or is handy in the workshop, a denim apron will get a lot of use. Look for products that feature high quality denim, like this one made with premium selvedge denim from Cone's White Oak Mill in North Carolina.
7. Flannel Shirt: Everyone appreciates a good flannel. Patagonia makes plenty of great options out of organic cotton. Extra style points.
8. Chore Jacket: Perhaps you’re looking to give something more substantial this season; something that will last a long time and get better with age. Look no further, because this wool chore jacket from Apolis not only provides warmth, but the indigo dye will wear over time. The resulting garment is a gift that becomes a reflection of all his hard work.
Illustration by Gabi Anderson